We have partnered with one of the world's largest rideshare companies that have recently launched a new division in Montreal. They are currently in the process of building a one-stop multimodal transportation app that will allow customers to request a shared car, find a scooter or bike, as well as see nearby public transit options. They are in the process of hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead their Stations Software Platform team.
Our team in Montreal is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Engineering Managers to help us scale. Our Software Engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Interviews and interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Lead a team of talented Software Engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your Software Engineers and Product Managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers
How to apply?
- Fluent in English and French, written and spoken
- Must have a technical background and be able to contribute to planning and design discussions
- Customer-focused, whether they are riders, operators, cities, or other employees
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers and guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and committed to creatively driving projects to completion
- Motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- You think ahead and build for the future
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.