Software Developer (5G NR)
Remote Ottawa Canada - until our location re-opens in Ottawa
Talentlab has partnered with a new client on to help find top talent for an exciting, and history making initiative. From applied research to advanced engineering, our client’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure our client’s products always lead the way.
The 5G NR software Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to our client.
- Develop 5G NR Software from customer requirements to delivery.
- Participate in creation and review of design document that will drive the implementation of the 5G NR Software
- Implement and unit test key features in functional areas such as OAM and CU, per implementation plans and design documents
- Work to identify and drive improvements, integration and test automation
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented 5G NR functionality
- Minimum of 3 years of professional engineering or software development experience
- Some level of experience with Telco SW development or embedded development
- Experience with C/C++/Java is required and most importantly – must have genuine interest in working with C++ going forward
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Development Pipeline principles and tools – CI/CD (DevOps), Jenkins
- Effective team player, willingness to help build a collaborative and trusting community
- Desire to learn and innovate while building quality product
How to apply?
- Experience with OAM or 5G RAN either in academic or professional setting (any knowledge of these even without hands-on exp will be considered a bonus!)
- Some knowledge of ORAN and 3GPP
- Hands-on experience with 4G/5G SW development or carrier grade OAM solutions
All interested and qualified applicants should apply to our Lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our site at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their time, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.