This is a once in a career opportunity to join a growing team working in the R&D of next generation 5G technology. Our client is looking for a 5G Layer 2 Senior Software Developer, who will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology to address the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in a development role in a 4G/5G development organization You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation.
- Work with team management and other development and test groups to develop an implementation plan and design for the 5G L2 software
- Work with network core, CU and RU teams to define interfaces and functional splits. Define and architect solutions allowing for scalability of Layer 2, CU & DU solutions for various RAN deployments
- Work with management to drive an Agile culture and environment
- Capture agreements in a design document that will drive the implementation of the DU & other L2 SW
- Hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the DU design document & other L2 design docs.
- Work with management to establish implementation assignments for SW developers
- Implement functional areas of the DU & L2, per the implementation plan
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented DU & L2 functionality
- Mentor less experienced DU & L2 developers
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development team; DU & 4G/5G Layer 2 experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in 4G and 5G layer 2 protocols and standards
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Be an organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Full-time permanent role. Ideally located in Ottawa, but remote work is available across Canada.
Please send your application to: