Senior Embedded Developer (Team Lead)
We've partnered with a global leader in IoT and connected transportation who's focus is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Their open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, they're able to leverage data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Developer
who will contribute to developing IOX devices that interface with their core product line. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do
As a Senior Embedded Systems Developer
your key area of responsibility will be designing, writing, and testing but the primary focus would be adding new features to existing products or assisting in the development of new ones. You will need to work closely with other embedded systems developers, engineers, and internal technical teams in determining the architecture and constraints of the project. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and document complex technical systems and decisions. In addition, the successful candidate will be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with the ability to work well under pressure and respond to multiple fast changing priorities. Your job is to be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform, that makes sense of the data collected by our custom built hardware. We receive detailed data and metrics for millions of vehicles globally, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers. Your key area of responsibility will be to contribute to a dynamically scalable system by leading architecture, design, and end-to-end development of key features in our applications. You will write high performance code (C#.NET) and SQL queries to process and store this information in real-time.
How you'll make an impact
- Mentor a team of juniors while taking ownership over the more complex IOX work
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the IOX firmware and how all the modules work
- Perform firmware development in the required area of expertise (USB, BLE, NFC, CAN etc) using C, C++ and Rust as per the development standards
- Write unit tests and perform integration and system-level testing in both real and simulated devices, to demonstrate that new features meet design requirements.
- Write SQL queries and Python scripts on data from Google BigQuery to determine device health and effectiveness of new functionality
- Conduct comprehensive testing and code reviews to ensure that industry coding standards are followed.
- Debug firmware issues and identify areas for code improvements
- Keep up-to-date documentation for all areas of responsibility.
What you'll bring to this role
How to apply?
- Minimum 5+ years experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Strong knowledge of programming languages (C/C#/C++ ) in an embedded software context.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Experience working with encryption or cryptographic modules.
- Understanding of underlying electronics to the point where it influences firmware development and debugging.
- Experience with SQL.
- Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns common to embedded (resource-constrained) systems development.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Able to research and solve open-ended design problems.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization, with knowledge of the high-technology/telematics industry is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate and document complex technical systems and decisions.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to multiple fast changing priorities.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Experience with USB being highly valued
- Well versed in modern scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, TCL, etc.) is highly valued
- Experience programming in Rust is highly valued.
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.