Manager - Financial Systems
We have partnered with a recognized fintech leader in Canada, looking for an experienced leader in the financial systems space. This individual will play an integral role in leading implementations, transformations, and overseeing financial systems across the organization. As the lead in the implementation and ongoing management of the ERP system, they will ensure the system is properly configured to meet financial management and accounting requirements, provide ongoing oversight, support and troubleshooting for the system, and support change management and training. Using their strong understanding of both financial accounting and the insurance and/or financial services industry they will help to direct and influence project decisions as a representative for Finance. The Financial Systems and Reporting Manager reports directly to the VP and Controller.
- Working closely with other departments and teams across the Company, lead the seamless integration of financial systems with other business processes.
- Lead/assist in the design, development and implementation of new processes.
- Gain a solid understanding of our ERP systems, interfaces and configurations to advise and implement process improvements and efficiencies for the various finance modules.
- Ensure the ERP system is properly configured to meet the finance department's financial management and accounting requirements while maintaining industry best practices
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including the business partners, ERP vendor and/or internal IT project management team, to design and implement financial systems to meet the needs of the Company, resolve any technical issues and ensure the system is functioning optimally.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders, including the finance leadership team, and ensure project risks are mitigated
- Key member of project teams tasked with implementing new initiatives and improving existing processes around the Corporate Finance financial systems.
- Manage project budgets and timelines and ensure project goals are met within established parameters.
- Support the development and modernization of new operating procedures and controls.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of financial systems, including automated data entry and processing and data reconciliation as well as oversight over financial dimensions (Cost Centers, Fund Company, Fund Codes, Invest Port, Carriers etc.)
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data in the systems.
- Integration of new subsidiaries/affiliates into financial systems as required.
How to apply?
- 5+ years of professional work experience within the accounting and finance discipline, preferably in the insurance and/or financial services sector
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with financial systems management and/or implementations.
- The Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Advanced knowledge of general ledger architecture, database management and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting and financial systems software,
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or cloud-based ERP implementations would be an asset
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to manage changing priorities and raise/resolve technical and business issues and risks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization
- Supervisory and/or management experience would be an asset
All interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.