Data Science Manager
We have partnered with a multidisciplinary digital transformation firm that works within large organizations, agencies and groups, with the goal of building a more inclusive, collaborative and sustainable world. We have assisted them in their search for a Data Science Manager to develop data informed intelligence that helps understand, facilitate, and design human collaboration. The successful candidate will be able to work with behavioral scientists, data humanists, data engineers, and information designers to develop new NLP models that achieve this goal and work with engineers to productionize them. This is a role suited to someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about the opportunity to design data structures that capture complex human behaviors.
- Develop and lead the execution of the Data Science projects for desired business outcomes and keeping our specialists motivated and engaged in an agile environment and helping them grow their careers.
- Design the roles and responsibilities of the team to support the Data Science vision.
- Help direct the pipelining and data infrastructure work that undergirds data analysis.
- Shape Data Science projects that deploy analytics on socio-psychological data to help our consultants create transformative journeys for its clients
- Communicate data driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of consultants, designers, facilitators, researchers, and data humanists to weave together work from different streams.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical expertise to motivate the team to achieve business outcomes and professional development goals.
How to Apply?
- 3+ years of experience working in various aspects of data science including experimentation and statistical analysis and a basic understanding of machine learning.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager leading a team of Data
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. An advanced degree in psychology, behavioral science, or related fields is an asset.
- Hands-on experience analyzing natural language data
- Understanding of NLP concepts like pre-processing, topic modelling, word2vec, semantic similarity, etc.
- Demonstrated skills with Python or R. Experience with NLP libraries like SpaCy, nltk, wordnet, Gensim is ideal along with experience with NLP transformers. (Ideally have a github space to share)
You can apply directly to email@example.com or on our website at www.talentlab.com. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.