Kitchener/Waterloo - hybrid
We've partnered with an early-stage start-up with an ambitious strategy to change the face of non-STEM education and career pathways. Led by a team with a track-record of successful exits and y-combinator experience, they're poised for dramatic impact and are looking for a founding engineer to join the team to get to work on building their delivery platform. As a founding engineer, you'll be a critical member of the team with a seat at the table, involved in overall strategy relating to technical direction and timely deliverables.
- Customer Obsession -Start with customers and work backwards.
- Learn & Be Curious -Learning and self improvement never ends.
- Adapt & Overcome- Succeed despite the circumstances.
- Sincerity & Generosity -Treat customers, teams, investors with generosity.
- Extreme Ownership -Self-directed, decentralised command, no bad teams only bad leaders.
- A true software leadership role within a Startup that will combine software development and leading early team members (80% execution and 20% strategy + management).
- You will design daily activities that support product development to help achieve big picture goals.
- You will work directly with the founders to lead the engineering efforts to help shape and execute the product roadmap.
Who are you:
- You take pride in tackling unknown problems and finding solutions. You assimilate information easily and can communicate complicated ideas to others.
- You are unafraid to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to a team. You’re able to either describe how you have disrupted common practices that were no longer serving a purpose, or how you would have “broken the rules” given the opportunity for the betterment of the company or team.
- You are an avid learner. You take time in your life for personal and professional development. You know how to implement best practices and find new / relevant ways products are built or are going to be built in the future.
- You are unfazed by ambiguity.
- You have 4+ years experience as a full stack developer with a background in CS either from university or independent CS projects.
- You have strong organizational skills.
- You are adaptable and have worked in a diverse set of environments (e.g big team + small team, user-facing and internal products).
- You can communicate complex ideas simply.
- You’re familiar and have a level of comfort with backend and front end languages. We value your ability to solve problems across the stack more than your rote knowledge of technologies.
- You have experience working in a startup environment or innovation team
- You’re familiar with Interaction design and how it relates to product development implementation.
- You’re excited about the cutting edge of tech without being dogmatic about any language or framework.
- You’ve shipped something yourself – from beginning to end.
How to Apply?
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at www.talentlab.com. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.