BackEnd Software Engineer - Remote
We are working with an exciting client in the finance/insurance space that has been a leader in their industry for the past 100 years. They are leading the way in digital innovation for the industry and it’s an exciting time to join!
We are looking for people to join their growing digital development team where you’ll work on building core apps, APIs, and micro-services to support their digital-first strategy and build and evolve their growing digital business platform.
- Design and implement APIs to integrate with underlying relational databases
- Participate in TDD leveraging Junit, Selenium, cucumber, etc.
- Identify and remediate performance bottlenecks in both code and databases
- Participate in the development of reusable, data-centric APIs relating to data streaming and security
- Explore innovative new technologies and trends within an Innovation Lab
You should have:
- 2+ years work experience in a web environment with relevant code and development experience
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and integrating APIs with relational databases
- Experience designing SQL database schemas in MySQL and/or Postgres
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or Nodejs in microservice-oriented environments
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure), SaaS, Docker, API, and microservices development and architecture
- Significant experience within a development team in a production environment
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Ability to pivot and adjust work items to match shifting business priorities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and techniques
Education / Professional Courses
- Completion of a University degree (Computer Science or comparable) or equivalent experience
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at email@example.com , or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.