5G RAN Transport Software Developer
Ottawa or Remote Canada
Talentlab has partnered with a new client on to help find top talent for an exciting, and history making initiative. From applied research to advanced engineering, our client’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure our client’s products always lead the way.
The 5G Software Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to our client.
- Participate in design and integration activities for Transport Network components in 5G RAN
- Understanding software requirements
- Interface with Platform, OAM and other components that interact with Transport components
- Participate in all software verification / integration for Transport area
- Contribute in the definition of software regression test environments and test cases
- Minimum of 3 years of professional engineering or software development experience
- Proven record of working on large mobile network systems either as a member of a network equipment manufacturer or as a radio technology provider.
- Ideally have experience in eNodeB/gNodeB Software, including exposure to O-RAN
- Knowledge in IPv4, IPv6, IPSec, DHCP, SCTP and Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) is desirablw
- Familiarity with use of hardware accelerators for encryption and understanding of Fronthaul, Midhaul and Backhaul in 5G RAN would be beneficial
- Effective team player, willingness to help build a collaborative and trusting community
- Desire to learn and innovate while building quality product
How to apply?
- Experience with OAM or 5G RAN either in academic or professional setting (any knowledge of these even without hands-on exp will be considered a bonus!)
- Some knowledge of ORAN and 3GPP
- Hands-on experience with 4G/5G SW development or carrier grade OAM solutions
All interested and qualified applicants should apply to our Recruiter, Ashley Dhiman at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our site at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their time, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.