Senior Developer (5G CU - Layer 3)
Remote/Hybrid - Ottawa, Canada
TalentLab has partnered with a new client to help find top talent for an exciting, and history making initiative. From applied research to advanced engineering, our client’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. As a Senior Developer for Layer 3 5G CU development, you will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered R&D team. The team works as part of our global 5G R&D organization designing, developing, and implementing a technology that addresses the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators, and helping our customers exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have experience in a development role in a 4G/5G development organization.
- Implement and test key Layer 3 features and algorithms, integrating them with the DU and RU, and other features in the CU
- Working with other team members and software architects to determine the high-level and detailed designs of the CU components
- Working in a scrum team environment, responsible for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) of the CU components
- Identifying, developing, executing, monitoring, and maintaining automated tests in Python
- Working in a LEAN, agile environment, implementing features in C++
- Work closely with the other development teams to ensure completeness, quality, and performance of the CU functionality
- As a Senior Developer you may have additional team leadership responsibilities
- Effective attitude and desire to work in a collaborative team environment where everybody within the scrum team owns their deliverables, and the quality of those deliverables
- Experience with Telco SW development
- Experience with C++ preferred
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development, expertise in CU is preferred
- 3 - 10+ years experience working on carrier grade telecommunications products
How to apply?
- Experience and knowledge with 3GPP, ORAN protocols, RRC, SDAP, PDCP, Wireshark, GDB, and the Atlassian product suite
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead recruiter, Nick Weiszhaar at email@example.com, or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.