Senior Technologist (5G CU)
Remote/Hybrid - Ottawa, Canada
TalentLab has partnered with a new client to help find top talent for an exciting, and history making initiative. From applied research to advanced engineering, our client’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. As a 5G CU Senior Technologist you will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered R&D team. The team works as part of our global 5G R&D organization designing, developing, and implementing a technology that addresses the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators, and helping our customers exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have experience in a development role in a 4G/5G development organization.
- Capture agreements in a design document that will drive the implementation of the CU and hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the CU design document
- Work with CU management to establish implementation assignments for CU developers and implement functional areas of the CU, per the design document
- Design and implement simulators when required to better enable CU component development
- Work to identify and drive improvements, contribute towards integration and test automation
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implement CU functionality
- Effective team player, willing to help build a collaborative and trusting community
- Experience with Telco SW development
- Experience with C/C++ preferred
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development, expertise in CU is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in 4G and 5G layer 3 protocols and standards, especially in the area of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- 5+ years of career experience in wireless telecommunications or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Development Pipeline principles and tools - CI/CD (DevOps) and/or Jenkins
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead recruiter, Nick Weiszhaar at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.