Data Software Developer - Remote
We are working with an exciting Fintech client that has been a leader in their industry for the past 100 years. They are leading the way in digital innovation for the industry and it’s an exciting time to join!
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join their growing digital development team where you’ll work on data-intensive applications and application program interfaces (APIs) with additional skills and experience in data management and DevOps. The incumbent contributes to the full design and development cycle of data applications and APIs from Proof of Concept to production. The incumbent will have strong engineering and communication skills and a passion for data.
- Software development (“coding”) of high quality, production-ready applications and API’s
- Deliver working software to production while working with the infrastructure, security, and operations teams (aka DevOps) while we build comprehensive data sharing capabilities.
- Contribute to automated testing with unit, functional and behavioral testing
- Proactively work with internal network and security teams to monitor applicable applications and services
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure resolution of issues
- Research and investigate improvements; analyze and provide findings and recommendations to management
You should have:
- Programming language proficiency in Python or Java
- REST API development
- Database schema design and SQL query development, specifically DB2 and Snowflake
- Experience with XML and JSON document processing
- Web security with OAuth2
- Automated testing (unit, functional and behavioral testing)
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) including Github Actions
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including Google AppEngine, CloudSQL, Pub/Sub, and Cloud Functions.
- Documentation of delivered software with architectural decision records (ADRs) and OpenAPI specifications.
- Experience with data management disciplines such as ETL/ELT, data warehouse/data lake design, and processing would be an asset
Education / Professional Courses
- Completion of a University degree (Computer Science or comparable) or equivalent experience
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at email@example.com , or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.