Software Engineer - Java Applications
We have partnered with one of the world's largest rideshare company's that has recently launched a new division in Montreal. They are currently in the process of building a one-stop multimodal transportation app that will allow customers to request a shared car, find a scooter or bike, as well as see nearby public transit options. They are in the process of hiring an experienced Java Applications Developer to help lead their Stations Software Platform team to work on helping us transition customers to latest generation platform and to make the platform evolve in a solution that can be brought to multiple different markets and business models.
Technical interviews and interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Help define the roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Have a good grasp and ability to explain the various tradeoffs made in decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Incorporate considerations for business context and failure modes in your work
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents
- Unblock, support, effectively communicate, and obtain buy-in across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience with Java
- Embedded or low level programming a plus
- Must have a track record of professional excellence
How to apply?
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and have a working proficiency in French
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.