Senior Ruby Engineer
We've partnered with a thriving scale-up in the healthcare space to assist in the search for a Senior Ruby Engineer. Our client's integrative health product prescription platform is revolutionizing access to healthcare products for millions of people across the globe on a daily basis. They were recently recognized for having the best workplace culture in Canada, and are ranked at #2 on the Canadian Business Magazine's list of the country's fastest growing firms based on revenue growth.
If you're an independent thinker who thrives on leaving things better than you found them, this could be the dream role you've been looking for.
As a senior developer on the Core Team, you'll be working on our clients core platform relating to payments, check-out, and the e-commerce engine with the aim of creating rich, stable and compelling experiences for millions of users. The primary stack is Ruby on Rails and their engineers build and maintain the internal GraphQL API leveraging React, Typescript and Apollo on the front-end.
What you'll do
- Plan out solution designs
- Implement the core business logic of our e-commerce platform
- Build and maintain integrations with external services such as Stripe and Avatax, ERP system
- Build an internal API for other teams
- Solve performance issues
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Code review and mentorship
What you bring to the table
- You are a passionate software engineer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, lead projects and want to produce the best work possible.
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- You write tests and understand their value
- A desire to learn and being open to feedback
- Understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Experience mentoring or coaching junior engineers
Bonus if you have
How to apply?
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
- Past experience working in e-commerce or health-tech sector
- Experience with React, or similar technology
- You’ve worked with GraphQL in the past
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.