We have partnered with a leading Semiconductor company based out of Ottawa. Their Firmware team is a group of passionate and talented engineers tasked to develop and deliver industry-leading signal integrity products. They provide their customers high-performance signal integrity for optical module solutions used by leading companies in hyperscale data center applications, enterprise networking, wireless infrastructure, including 5G fronthaul, 5G midhaul, and passive optical network/Fiber-to-the-X markets.
The Firmware Designer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing SOC (System On Chip) firmware for their Signal Integrity Products (SIP) Group products. He/she will support regional and global initiatives, while collaborating with other groups to verify, validate, and test SIP hardware and firmware products.
- Design and implement firmware modules using C, C++, assembly level software, and standard design patterns and techniques
- Architect the firmware structure to meet the functional requirements specified
- Analyze new product functional requirements to determine required data structures and behaviors
- Partner with the design and system team to help devise algorithms for various applications
- Create written documentation for firmware
- Define test cases and write test automation which effectively validate module design
- Implement drivers and validation test suites for new custom mixed signal hardware
- Partner with Design, Validation, Test, and Applications Engineering to investigate and correct reported system behavioral abnormalities
How to Apply?
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of related technical experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.