Embedded Systems Developer
We've partnered with a global leader in IoT and connected transportation who's focus is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Their open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, they're able to leverage data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
What you’ll do:
Our client is seeking an Embedded Systems Developer who will be designing, writing, and testing Java/Kotlin code in a GUI-less embedded Android environment. As an Embedded Systems Developer your key area of responsibility will be designing, writing, and testing Java/Kotlin code in a GUI-less embedded Android environment. This position also maintains and improves testing tools and processes, ensuring that new releases perform as expected. You will need to work closely with other embedded systems developers, engineers, and internal technical teams in determining the architecture and constraints of the project.
How you’ll make an impact:
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Develop a complete Android app in Android Studio using Java/Kotlin.
- Write unit tests and perform integration and system-level testing in both real and simulated vehicles to demonstrate that new features meet design requirements.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that coding standards are followed.
- Debug firmware issues and identify areas for code improvements.
- Write SQL queries and Python scripts using data from Google BigQuery to determine device health and effectiveness of new functionality.
- Keep up-to-date documentation for all areas of responsibility.
How to apply?
- 3-5 years experience in developing Android applications/services using Java/Kotlin in an embedded software context.
- Native development (NDK) experience with integrating C/C++ libraries into Android apps.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Familiar with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns common to embedded (resource-constrained) systems development.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS).
- Familiarity with engine bus protocols (CAN/OBD-II/J1939/etc.) is desirable.
- Experience with embedded camera systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts is an asset.
- Experience with SQL is desirable.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and component datasheets.
- Able to research and solve open-ended design problems.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization, with knowledge of the high-technology/telematics industry is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate and document complex technical systems and decisions.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.