Director of Human Resources
We have partnered with a thriving start-up currently searching for a Director of HR for their Toronto team. This is a great chance to join a fast-growing high-performance hardware design team that is working with cutting-edge technology. The right person has a broad background in various domains of HR and is excited by the idea of working in a fluid fast-paced environment. The company has grown rapidly since inception 4 years ago and is forecast to grow over 100% year-on-year in the medium term.
- Plan, direct, and manage all human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, performance management, and employee relations
- Develop new and existing human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labor relations.
- Oversee staff operations, business planning, and budget development of HR programs.
- Plan, supervise, and contribute insights and recommendations in the development of the organization’s strategies
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Prepare and report the progress of the HR department to the leadership team and other stakeholders
How to apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, a related field, or equivalent experience. CHRP/CHRL Certification desired.
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing HR initiatives across a variety of domains (Recruitment, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Training, Regulatory Compliance etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Canadian HR laws and regulations
All qualified and interested applicants should apply directly to our Lead Recruiter Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.