We've partnered with a high-growth IoT company that is building an innovative big data platform for the connected cars market. Our client is looking for passionate individuals who are interested in joining at an early stage to help shape this rapidly evolving space in a collaborative and fun environment.
Building sophisticated highly scalable systems for connected vehicles requires cutting edge
software solutions built on distributed data-driven principles. The ideal candidate for this position
will play an important role in building scalable cloud based distributed SaaS systems to enable a
wide range of applications for connected vehicles and fleets.
As a Software Engineer, you will build sophisticated cutting edge highly scalable software
systems with a group of passionate mission-driven people.
● Significant experience implementing large software systems using microservices
● Strong background in at least one web application framework (Django, Flask, Node),
including the use of an ORM
● Relational and Non-relational databases with significant data modeling experience
● Experience using distributed asynchronous message queues (eg; RabbitMQ, Kinesis,
● Expert with RESTful web service principles, design and implementation
● Familiarity with at least one modern front-end framework (eg; React, Angular, Vue)
● Deep knowledge of current authentication and authorization schemes
● Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical stuff plainly
● Strong analysis and problem solving skills
● Experience with public cloud services (eg; AWS, GCP, Azure - AWS preferred)
● Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
● Experience building unit testing as part of the ongoing software development
● Experience working in an Agile development methodology and associated tools
● Experience with Unix, Git, and other command line tools
● Stay self-motivated and driven
● Minimum of 3 years experience in backend or full-stack engineering roles
Nice to Have:
● Experience with AWS Kinesis, DynamoDB or MongoDB
● Understanding and using caching in large web applications and persistence layers
● Experience integrating data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau or similar
● Work demonstrated by a GitHub account, personal web page, or prior experience
● Familiarity with CI/CD tools (eg; BitBucket, GitLab, GitHub)
● Familiarity with streaming data storage solutions
● Multi-service authorization using Single Sign-On scheme
● IOT / Connected Car / Telematics Data applications
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly innovative, high potential, funded startup, as one of the
first engineers, and help architect and build the future of the connected cars market.
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Josh Morantz at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.