Director of Finance
We have partnered with a thriving start-up currently searching for a Director of Finance for their Toronto team. This is a great chance to join a fast-growing high-performance hardware design team that is working with cutting-edge technology. The right person has a background in finance and is excited by the idea of working in a fluid fast-paced environment. The company has grown rapidly since inception 4 years ago and is forecast to grow over 100% year-on-year in the medium term.
- Ensure the controls of the business are well documented, up to date, appropriate and implemented at all times
- Keep accurate and complete financial records of the business at all times
- Liaise and work closely with the UK entity as necessary to ensure full transparency, timely updates of issues and consistency of reporting
- Prepare, half year and full year consolidated (US and Canadian) accounts for external reporting requirements in line with the strict UK timelines
- Prepare, monthly consolidated (US and Canadian) accounts for internal and Board reporting requirements in line with the strict UK timelines
- Liaise with the auditors for the half year review, year end audit and statutory accounts preparation for the Canadian and US entities
- Own budget preparation in Canada and US and help with regular Forecast updates (P&L/BS/CF)
- Manage and motivate the finance team member(s) (objective setting, motivation, integrity, ethics, personal development etc)
- Manage system changes and implementations (currently running with QuickBooks online)
- Ad hoc projects as they arise; Transfer pricing, revenue recognition, M&A, Taxation, SRED, Treasury
- CPA, CMA or equivalent
- Extensive experience of preparing company financial reports and management accounts
- Strong Controls, Processes and Systems skills
- Experience managing a finance team
- Experience reporting into a parent company that is publicly listed would be a definite asset
How to apply?
All qualified and interested applicants should apply directly to our Lead Recruiter Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.