We've partnered with an Ottawa based team of innovators and disruptors who are changing the face of the insurance industry to meet the demands of on-demand world.
The Product Management team is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, team-based environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The team works closely with our marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of ground-breaking new insurance services.
This Role is focused on our platform evolution, working with our partners and technical internal teams with responsibility for defining platform vision, strategy, and roadmap for new features, capabilities, APIs, toolkits, and integrations. Leading ideation and design thinking collaboration sessions, creating and managing product backlogs, coordinating multiple cross-functional teams and gaining buy-in to ensure unity on vision, MVPs and delivery. Working collaboratively with stakeholders, at all levels of the organization, to maximize quality and business value is core to success.
You transition quickly and easily between strategic and tactical responsibilities. You employ a focused yet flexible approach to your work and also thrive on being part of a team. You strive for balance across business value, customer needs, market expectations and user experience. You are a strong collaborator who appreciates diverse ideas, asks questions, enjoys being challenged and values cross-functional expertise.
● 7-10 years experience as a product manager.
● A degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience.
● Demonstrated ability to understand and collaborate on technical concepts and technologies, managing trade-offs for the platform and partners.
● Success applying the principles and processes of Agile Product Management (design thinking, user story writing, iterative releases, collaborative sprints), translating and analyzing customer needs, business scenarios and problems into product capabilities.
● Experience in developing and maintaining release plans with an impeccable sense of judgment accompanied by a pragmatic approach to managing priorities, scope and requirements.
● Demonstrated experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative environment, within a cross-functional capacity.
● Exceptionally strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
● You are a team player, have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor with a strong desire to learn and improve.
● Strong communication skills; listening, written and verbal, while seeking to understand and striving to have your ideas and designs effectively communicated and understood.
● Confident with technical terminology, technology products and data and can speak intelligently and build credibility with designers, cross functional leadership, and engineers while always striving to learn or understand their domain.
● Track record of forming trusting and collaborative relationships with peers as well as internal and external stakeholders.