Software Engineering Team Lead
We've partnered with one of the world's top Shopify Plus Partners who's focus is providing brands and retailers with end to end solutions that accelerate their growth. Our client provides best in class, award-wining brand experiences, and robust ecommerce operations strategies.
Being in the system integration team is all about putting the right pieces together. Our team is working with our clients to find the best way to connect their ecommerce platform with their internal systems. If you are an “out of the box” thinker and you feel like the next career move for you is to lead a team, you might just be the missing piece in our puzzle
What you’ll do
- Supervise a team of 4-5 developers and serve as their technical mentor
- Be a hands-on developer for most of your day - designing, developing, and testing client projects from start to finish, leveraging the Ruby on Rails framework
- Be highly involved in the architecture of projects while keeping in mind their scalability and the best development practices
- Manage the workflow of your team
- Share your knowledge with other teams and contribute to a common infrastructure that everyone can benefit from
- Spearhead new initiatives and processes
What you’ll need
- DEC or College-level diploma or higher in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or other related fields)
- You are passionate about software engineering and want to share everything you know
- You have been a mentor for some of your past colleagues and you liked it!
- If you have not managed a team yet, you feel like it is the right next step for your career
- You have worked in a well-structured environment and have seen good CI/CD, deployment and monitoring practices
- You like to solve problems and cannot resist fixing what is not working well
- You can transform business processes into technical requirements
- You have great object-oriented coding skills and feel comfortable mentoring your team
- You believe in constructive feedback, and you are skilled at giving and receiving it
- You want to keep growing and developing your skills
Bonus Points for...
How to apply?
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to ecommerce projects in the past
- The ability and interest to speak with clients
- Prior management experience
- Having an atypical skill or superpower and owning it
You can apply directly to josh,firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.