Embedded Developer (Security)
We've partnered with a global leader in IoT and connected transportation who's focus is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Their open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, they're able to leverage data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our client is seeking a Security-focused Embedded Systems Developer
who will be responsible for security development in the cutting edge telematics unit, for the company's newest device. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do
As a Embedded Systems Developer your key area of responsibility will be implementing and testing both current and new crypto modules for our client's device and other embedded products. You will be responsible for the implementation of the project tasks, as well as managing day-to-day activities. You will also need to provide regular status reports to key partners to ensure the project is on time and meeting expectations.} You will need to work closely with other security-minded developers, the Security team, as well as various internal engineering departments.
To be successful in this role you will have a keen eye for the details to consistently adhere to coding standards and perform peer QA and code reviews. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, in their technical documentation, collaboration with teammates, and with providing technical support to other Geotab teams. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you'll make an impact
- Develop a good understanding of the device firmware and how all the modules work
- Get an in-depth understanding of the existing crypto modules and how they interact with the rest of the system
- Assist with the implementation and testing of new crypto module components
- Assist with the troubleshooting and enhancement of the existing crypto modules
- Assist with crypto module validation (FIPS 140-2)
- Understand and utilize SQL syntax and Google BigQuery to help troubleshoot device / security issues in the field.
- Perform quality assurance by doing peer review, ensuring coding standards are followed and looking for logic errors and other bugs.
- Keep up to date documentation for all your areas of responsibility
What you'll bring to this role
How to apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering or related
- Security related engineering degree is an asset
- 2+ years experience in embedded development using C
- Experience working with integrating or troubleshooting security features
- Experience with SQL
- Experience programming in Python an asset
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.