Location: Ottawa (will consider all Canadian candidates working remotely)
Duration: 1 year
Our globally recognized high-tech client is seeking an experienced Technical Writer for a long term 12 month contract with a strong potential for extension.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Designing, writing, revising and/or editing of technical papers (i.e., application papers, product descriptions, catalogs, manuals/guides, etc.).
- Analyze and interpret data to determine appropriate syntax, style, and grammatical usage
- Perform tasks related to the construction of technical and nontechnical illustrations and graphics
- Alongside an Application Engineer attends planning/coordination meetings to assess customer requirements
- Responsibilities may include: overseeing preparation of illustrative material, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts, serving as editor on specific publications including article selection, artwork coordination, production and distribution
- Act as an internal expert, consultant, and documentation project manager as needed within the team
How to apply?
- Engineering degree or equivalent with strong writing skills, or Technical Writing degree or equivalent with strong technical skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good analytical and teamwork skills
- Experience with technical writing for the Telecommunications industry is a must, however specific experience writing for RF/5G/Optical Systems is asset, but not required
- Experience and proficiency utilizing XML for technical writing
- Proficiency with or able to quickly learn authoring tools such as Markdown, or other comparable technical writing tools
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the Lead Recruiter Aaron at email@example.com
Although we thank all interested applicants, due to the high volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.