Senior .NET Developer
We've partnered with a global leader in IoT and connected transportation who's focus is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Their open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, they're able to leverage data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Who you are
As a Senior Software Developer, you consider yourself a Software Wizard. You are a Solutions Architect and Systems Designer who will settle for nothing less than building highly scalable, highly reliable, and fault tolerant web applications. You develop high level code with attention to system integration and feasibility. You are able to create representations for functions and user interfaces. You will ensure that the software meets all requirements of design, quality, security, extensibility etc. You have the ability to take the solution all the way to the finish line. You are also a coach and always provide technical guidance and mentorship to other developers and engineers in the team.
What you'll do
Your job is to be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform, that makes sense of the data collected by our custom built hardware. We receive detailed data and metrics for millions of vehicles globally, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers. Your key area of responsibility will be to contribute to a dynamically scalable system by leading architecture, design, and end-to-end development of key features in our applications. You will write high performance code (C#.NET) and SQL queries to process and store this information in real-time.
How you'll make an impact
What you'll bring to this role
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code to develop high throughput, performance critical, and scalable applications.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Perform Test Driven Development (TDD), take part in peer code reviews, ensuring coding standards are followed, looking for logic errors and other bugs.
- Lead and contribute to system design discussions while acting as a mentor and SME to other Junior developers.
- Demonstrated experience of coding at a high competency, enterprise level with low tolerance to error.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented or functional programming in C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience with SQL database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Working knowledge of web services including REST and MVC.
- Working knowledge with Git and Jira is preferred.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or other related degree.
- Bonus if you have experience with:
- Cloud computing experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, PubSub
- Video streaming and consumption protocols (RTSP, RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH
How to apply?
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.