We have engaged with a thriving Canadian Insurance employer, to help assist with the search for an Underwriter to play an integral role in driving revenue by assessing risk and aligning product and services to the customer. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop in-depth knowledge of Group Benefits and works alongside senior leadership to deliver high impact initiatives. This role is perfect for a critical thinker and creative problem solver who is eager to drive projects to completion for real business result improvement.
- Assess the financial risk exposure for group insurance by determining suitability of the group, appropriate coverage levels and establishing rates
- Use experience and judgment, in conjunction with Underwriting guidelines, product and services knowledge, and knowledge of government regulations, to determine optimal solutions to meet customer needs
- Review annual renewals and enforce amendment requests to assess risk and determine appropriate rate and plan adjustments
- Make decisions in a timely manner and communicate to the appropriate team members and internal and external stakeholders
How to apply?
- Recent university grads (0 to 5 years) from Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Economics, Business, Commerce, etc.
- Strong leadership skills are a must, including:
- Active listener / Excellent communication skills (all media / all audiences)
- Leadership / Coaching / Servant-Leadership Approach
- Courage / Initiative / Action bias
- Creative problem solver / Data-based root cause solution bias
- Emotional intelligence / Self-aware / Open mind
- Cognitive Adaptability / Quick Learner / Systemic Thinker
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted