Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Toronto ON
We've partnered with a thriving AI start-up to assist in building their growing team. Equipped with their latest round of funding, they're building a new processor optimized for deep learning. We're assisting in the search for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team in a full-time, permanent role. This is a great opportunity to become one of the first members of a growing technical team working on cutting edge technology.
- Deployment, maintenance, support and monitoring of IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for administration of CentOS and Ubuntu Linux systems; systems security tasks including security scanning, patching and systems hardening.
- Configuring, adding and maintaining monitoring tools and inventory.
- Integration of new technologies, transitioning operations from traditional administration and deployment to infrastructure as application leveraging automation/configuration management technologies.
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science or demonstrated combination of education and experience
- Systems Administration experience in a small to mid-size software company using Linux (CentOS/Redhat) with a Linux+ certification (Nice to have)
- Python and other scripting languages such as bash, Ruby etc.
- Experience with container orchestration systems (such as Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon ECS, EKS, Rancher)
- Skilled at managing cloud-based environments in AWS, Azure
- Worked with automation/configuration management tools using Ansible, Chef or an equivalent an asset
- Experience with Veem Back-ups or similar tools, managing backup & restoration implementation and testing
- Worked with firewalls (Fortinet) and Linux based firewall (IPTABLES/IPCHAINS)
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to our Lead Recruiter, Peter Mills at email@example.com or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.