Lead Software Engineer - Ruby/React
We've partnered with a fresh start-up that is reimagining the veterinary care experience from end-to-end. Their membership-based, technology-driven approach puts pets first and profits second. With some notable investors backing them, they're ready to turn the industry around - for good.
As the Lead Software Engineer, you'd serve as the head of product and engineering, partnering directly with the founders to help define and drive the next slate of innovations and features across their entire stack including their membership platforms and mobile apps.
- Ruby on Rails for our backend;
- React for a seamless member sign up and log-in experience;
- React Native to power our iOS and Android member app;
- PHP for our marketing site on WordPress;
- And a heavy API framework to integrate with our microservices such as Stripe, Sendgrid, Twilio, Intercom, etc.
Who you are:
How to apply?
- A minimum of 4 years of professional software engineering experience
- A product-driven engineer who understand the value of pushing quickly new product features and bug fixes in a continuous environment,
- A servant leadership mentality where you enjoy both being an individual contributor and a manager / leader for the company;
- Interested in solving concrete issues that affect our members and employees every day;
- Excited to work across the spectrum, from product definition and wireframing, code creation, code reviewing to QAing and deploying;
- Open to managing a remote technical team (based in France mostly) that would help on larger iterations every 2 to 3 months;
- Passionate about solving problems and willingness to work with non-technical team members to resolve technology issues.
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.