The Python Developer will be a member of a cross-functional team reporting to a software project lead, and will write automated tests to verify hardware designs with and without embedded software. He/she will support the test campaigns of the deliverable hardware/software article(s). He/she may be called upon to integrate behavioral driven development methods and a continuous integration pipeline.
Top Desired Technical Skills:
1) Python experience (very data focused, with high volumes of data to process. Focus on data science and AI may even be relevant. This is not a pure automation role.)
2) Experience with optimizing the processing of data.
3) Ability to interact with various parties internally, with a wide range of skillsets (ex. Digital/RF engineers)
- Develop Python test scripts to verify a deliverable article’s various development models
- Support the deliverable article’s testing either in simulation or with models of the real hardware (AI&T), including the deliverable flight hardware
- Produce the related documentation (ideally in an executable form)
- May participate in formal reviews with customer
- Support the software automation process Participate in an Agile development team Implement/support Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment when appropriate
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Software or another relevant degree with complementary experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience, and a minimum of 3 years of related experience to the position
- Experience designing automated tests for hardware/software platforms
- Scripting/programming experience (e.g. Python, Groovy, Bash, Powershell)
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of the Agile Methodology (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe)
How to Apply?
- Knowledge of automated build environments such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Some experience configuring and deploying logging and monitoring services
- Experience with source control such as Git or bitbucket (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Knowledge of Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) environments
- Exposure to Linux administration
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to Aaron.firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.