Test Automation Developer (NodeB)
Remote Ottawa Canada
Talentlab has partnered with a new client on to help find top talent for an exciting, and history making initiative. From applied research to advanced engineering, our client’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure our client’s products always lead the way.
The NodeB Test and Automation Senior Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to our client for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help their customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
- With team management develop an overall Test Strategy for the gNodeB (CU, DU and RU) platform
- Work with the 5G CU, DU and RU development teams to develop an overall Test Plan to validate the functionality, quality and performance of the 5G CU, DU and RUs.
- Identify and implement opportunities to take advantage of test automation strategies and tools/frameworks
- Coordinate development of subsystem component Test Plans with junior gNodeB Verification Testers
- Develop a suite of Test Cases that satisfy the requirements outlined in the Test Plan
- Automate the test cases and provide scalable and stable test cases and environments such that tests can be run with every submission
- Work with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams to communicate, and ensure a mutual understanding of the results of the Test Case execution
- Collaborate with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams as solutions are being worked to suggest possible fix paths and to maximize the possibility of success during second pass testing of failed test cases
- Re-test failed test cases when fixes are available and capture the results
- Close the loop with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams on the results of re-testing
- Mentor junior gNodeB Verification Testers as needed
- 5 years + plus experience in test automation or verification role
- Experience writing test automation scripts in Python
- Experience in automation and deployment into CI/CD environments
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
How to Apply?
- Any level of experience in 4G/5G verification team
All qualified applicants should apply to our Lead Recruiter Aaron Ravensbergen at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our site at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those qualified for the role will be contacted.