Staff Development Lead
We have partnered with a recognized leader in the Canadian fintech space to search for Software Development Leader. This role will focus on managing a engineering team, providing technical leadership, and design innovative solutions to complex business problems. The right person for this role is passionate about challenging the status quo and is interested in creating innovative solutions to next-gen data related obstacles.
This is a great role for a lead developer, lead dev-ops engineer or architect
to make a huge impact and work directly alongside senior leadership within a national company.
Identify SDLC Improvements:
Work closely with engineering teams and operations management to identify improvement opportunities to improve development standards company-wide.
Develops and implements plans for engineering teams (not necessarily direct reports), anticipates current and future needs and objectives; manages resources and ensures tasks are completed on time and within budget; works with cross-functional leaders to achieve project goals.
Implements programs that encourage, recognize and reward innovative thinking; supports the introduction of new ideas, methods or processes.
Initiates and builds effective relationships with colleagues in other departments; supports and develops effective cross-departmental relations and work initiatives; works productively with senior and executive leadership.
Works with engineering leadership and development teams to advocate for next-gen tools and solutions, work with senior leadership to establish programs that will keep developers engaged in professional development.
How to apply?
- Bachelors degree related to computer science, engineering, or systems development is preferred.
- 5 years or more experience working professionally in a role related to application development, dev-ops, or some mix of the two (leadership experience is not required, but natural leadership skills are)
- Knowledge of microservices or microservice architecture is a must-have (candidates with only monolithic architecture experience will not be considered for the role)
- Some experience with GCP is preferred but not required (other cloud flavours will be considered)
- Experience/Knowledge of API development best-practices is preferred but not required
- Any experience with AI or ML is a bonus, but not required
- Strong leadership skills are a must:
- Active listener / Excellent communication skills (all media / all audiences)
- Courage / Initiative / Action bias
- Creative problem solver / Data-based root cause solution bias
- Emotional intelligence / Self-aware / Open mind
- Cognitive Adaptability / Quick Learner / Systemic Thinker
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.