We've partnered with an award-winning world-leader in the Building Automations Space to assist in finding an expert in Automation Development to join their team in a permanent role at their Toronto HQ. The Automation Engineer is responsible for the design of an automation framework and to test the software produced by developers.
- Develop engineering documents from Marketing specifications for controls products with embedded software – SOO, Flow Charts, I&O Manual, O&M Manual, etc.
- Research and analyze product features being developed and tested to drive improvements
- Identify technical risks and challenges and propose action plans
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Develop standards and procedures to determine code quality and release readiness
- Peer review code and ensures the team follows the company programming standards and practices
- Maintains a library of software modules
- Identifies opportunities for including new components in the Library
- Performs manual and automated tests on software modules
- Keeps track of development streams to ensure compatibility during integration
- Research new tools, technologies, and processes for embedded code testing
- Drive innovation and streamline overall code testing processes
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
- Min. 5 yrs. in embedded system design & programming
- Proficient in Coding on platforms like C, C++, JAVA, Python for embedded system
- Experience developing automation frameworks with Python is ideal
- Good understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in Testing & software releasing
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting, working experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Capable to review code & design real-time application Software
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Ability to work with minimal directions and collaboratively with a focus on results.
- Detailed and striving for excellence
- Technically oriented
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
How to Apply?
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in software design, engineering, or computer science
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.