We've partnered with an award-winning world-leader in the Building Automations Space to assist in finding an expert in Wireless Communications to join their team in a permanent role at their Toronto HQ. The Wireless Communications Engineer is responsible for the design of new electronics hardware and firmware to improve the wireless capabilities of their connected products.
- In charge of the hardware, firmware, and software related the Wireless communication of all our products, whether built in house or off-the-shelf.
- Ensure our products wireless communication is capable of delivering the requirements of our products and patented technologies, balancing performance with cost and energy consumption
- Ensure compatibility with the industry standards (e.g. 802.11ac, LTE)
- Ensure compliance and certification with all mandatory standards worldwide (e.g. FCC)
- Develop test cases and verify performance
- Develop setup and commissioning guides and manuals
- Help troubleshoot wireless communications issues on-site
- 8+ years of experience designing hardware and firmware for wireless products
- Wireless circuit and antennae design
- Deep knowledge of Internet and mobile technologies
- Ability to write C and assembler code, compiling, downloading and trap trace debug
- RF radio, Wifi, Subgigahertz
- All versions of 802.11 and LTE
- Wireless mandatory certification requirements worldwide
- Circuit design using Schematic Capture tools
- PCB layout with component circuitry placement and strategies to meet EMC requirements
- Courses on Wi-Fi devices design a plus
- Courses on IoT a plus
How to Apply?
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to email@example.com
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.