Technical Architect - Ottawa
We've partnered with a leading IT solutions provider assisting clients to adopt innovative technology that simplifies IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and lower total cost of IT ownership.
- Provide post-sales service delivery in terms of analysis, design, implementation, migration, recommendations, upgrades, knowledge transfer, technical documentation, training, etc.
- Assist in driving service delivery sales in terms of assisting in Statement of Work creation, client negotiations, presentations, demonstrations, RFP contributions, etc.
- Provide Level-4 Support to operations team as required.
- Recreate customer technical environments by researching, identifying, and resolving a variety of problems.
- Work within and outside of subject matter expertise to expand self-knowledge base.
- Assist in the development of practice expertise and cross training of other consultants.
- Position involves up to 20% pre-sales and up to 70% technical/consultative hands-on delivery.
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications related to practice areas.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of IT Infrastructure, Networking, Security, Systems, Storage and Virtualization project experience
- Experience in providing technical support to mid-range and enterprise customers for mission critical Windows and Linux computer systems and related software
- Windows 2016 Server administration and or hypervisor administration experience including Active Directory 2016 and migrations
- Experience with Workload Migrations form like to non like hypervisors or between physical data centres
- Microsoft Office 365 administration and migration project experience preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with Office 365 migration based project experience and combined O365 certifications
- Desktop administration experience required
- Installation, configuration and provisioning of Microsoft operating systems
- Installation, configuration and provisioning of vSphere & AHV hypervisors
- Installation and configuration of servers, blade servers, switches, firewalls and UPS
- Setup and operation of TCP/IP networking including firewall administration
- Experience with Hyper-Converged solutions including Nutanix & VSAN a strong asset
- Hybrid Cloud expertise is a strong asset
- Storage Area Networking is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the various flavors of Unix, Linux, Microsoft plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client sites with own vehicle
- Ability to work from home
- Strong spoken and written English skills
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Azure training, experience and certification is a definite asset
- MCSA Windows Server 2012 or MCSA Windows Server 2016 required
- Nutanix NPP & or NCPI certification an asset
- VCP6-DCV certification or better required
- CCNA certification is an asset
- CCA XenApp certification or relevant experience is an asset
- Level II Secret Clearance is required
- Other vendor technical accreditations & certifications a definite asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is a strong asset
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to our Lead Recruiter, Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants that apply only those in consideration will be contacted.