Senior Java Developer
Contract Duration: 6 months (with strong chance of extension)
We have partnered with a recognized brand in Canada to help in the search for a Senior Java Developer for a 6 month contract based in Kanata.
The Senior Java Developer applies design and development skills to implement the Enterprise Data Broker (EDB) solution which is based on a JEE application server and supporting middleware components of various technologies. EDB provides a data broker middle tier solution based on a JEE clustered application server that interacts with many systems, backend business services, and external customer systems. Integration is achieved through a variety of protocols from batch file transfer (eg sftp).
The Senior Java Developer Participates in technical design sessions with the lead developer. Provides input to the application architecture. Reviews design and development tasks. Develops Code. Plans and executes component tests. Participates in daily status meetings. Provides guidance regarding solution design and application architecture.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Create and update Design and implementation plans of new JEE applications for projects to be deployed into the EDB server.
- Design and implementation of decoupled message queue (MQ) based JMS solutions.
- Work collaboratively within an agile development team to deliver content from definition to deployment. Participate in all stages of the agile process from backlog reviews to daily scrums. The team works together in a prioritized manner to deliver the content of each sprint.
- Create test plans, execute test plans on test environments, and record test results for projects.
NICE TO HAVE
- Software development in Java with specific experience in: JEE, JMS, Spring, JCA
- Relational Databases experience: JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, JEE Entity Beans, Spring DB Frameworks, SQL, SQL/PL.
- JEE Application Server Management/Configuration: GlassFish, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss or equivalent. OpenMQ, Websphere MQ, JBossMQ or equivalent.
- 5 + years Experience with file transfer protocols: FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP
- 5 + years Experience with XML: XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT/XPath, JAX-B and DTD
- 5 + years Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripts: bash, ksh, sh
- Source code management experience: svn, cvs, git, clearcase, crucible,
- Java build and deployment technologies: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Teamcity …
- Java IDE: Eclipse, or similar IDEs
- 5 + years Experience with Linux or Unix: access control, file systems, basic services and tools.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases: Oracle or MySQL
- Knowledge of identity management concepts: LDAP, RBAC, Unix access control
How to apply?
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of security concepts: PKI, SSL, SSH, certification and key management, PCI
- Knowledge of Networking: IP, TCP, Routing protocols, firewalls, VPN, load-balancer,
- Knowledge of Managed File Transfer (MFT) servers: JScape, FileZilla, vsftp, …
- Knowledge of Management protocols: JMX, SNMP
- Proxy and reverse-proxy, network debugging.
- Agile experience including associated tools: JIRA, VersionOne, or equivalent
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at email@example.com
, or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.