Location: Remote (Ottawa or Toronto)
We have partnered with a thriving start-up in Canada to assist in a search for Data Scientist. This is a chance to work with a thriving new brand making waves in the AI space. You will work directly with clients while implementing product solutions that utilize up to the minute technologies/platforms. The role will be focused on gathering and actioning technical requirements to ensure customer product visions are realized.
- Participate and lead, multifaceted analytic studies on large volumes of data.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide insights based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges using a multitude of techniques e.g., exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques to NLP, vision, process mining, etc.
- Work with the Principal data scientist and participate in all the data experiments tasked by the Data Science Team.
- Analyze problems and determine root causes.
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop a strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Be a hands-on practitioner (not just analyze but also actively contribute to the platform)
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Process Mining, Statistics, Applied Math, Operational research, AI, or related field
- Overall 5+ years of experience or more (with 3+ years' practical experience with data processing and analytics)
- Experience in handling disparate data sources in a multitude of forms (e.g., event data, text, image, graphs, etc.) is desirable
- Experience in handling event streams and processing them
- Experience in building scalable solutions (optimizations) is desirable
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excited to experiment with new technologies and approaches
- Experience/familiarity in process mining/familarity with OCR is an added plus
- Fluency in Python
How to Apply?
All interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to our lead Recruiter Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
or directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.