Business Analyst (Contract 6-12 Months)
We have partnered with our client in the search for a Business Analyst for a new contracting/consulting role in Ottawa. The right person will perform business analysis to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed. This includes managing legacy GIS systems, as well as investing in new technologies. A senior Business Analyst with GIS background is required to support this effort and assist with the functional analysis of our current and future solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
- Writing detailed functional specifications for system behaviour, system integrations such as creating source and target mapping of information across systems
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
- Assisting with development of test scenarios and test cases as appropriate
How to Apply?
- Experience working with GIS mapping technologies
- Experience eliciting and documenting GIS-specific business requirements
- Experience with Data Analysis designing data and map transformations
- Understanding of map design and visualisation techniques
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium GIS initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality
- Must have strong negotiation and facilitation skills to ensure requirements are well understood and ensure solutions are fit-for-purpose
All interested and qualified applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.