Software Development Leader
We have partnered with a recognized leader in the Canadian fintech space to search for Technical Initiatives Leader. This role will focus on working directly with the engineering and dev-ops teams to develop process improvement initiatives. The right person for this role is passionate about challenging the status quo and is interested in creating innovative solutions to next-gen data related obstacles.
This is a great role for a developer, dev-ops engineer or architect
to make a huge impact and work directly alongside senior leadership within a national company.
**COVID Update: This role will be 100% remote until our client deems it is safe for their workforce to return to the office. All interviews will be done via video. Work will resume in Toronto office post-COVID.
Identify SDLC Improvements:
Work closely with engineering teams and operations management to identify improvement opportunities to improve development standards company-wide.
Develops and implements plans for engineering teams (not necessarily direct reports), anticipates current and future needs and objectives; manages resources and ensures tasks are completed on time and within budget; works with cross-functional leaders to achieve project goals.
Implements programs that encourage, recognize and reward innovative thinking; supports the introduction of new ideas, methods or processes
Initiates and builds effective relationships with colleagues in other departments; supports and develops effective cross-departmental relations and work initiatives; works productively with senior and executive leadership.
Works with engineering leadership and development teams to advocate for next-gen tools and solutions, work with senior leadership to establish programs that will keep developers engaged in professional development.
How to apply?
- Bachelors degree related to computer science, engineering, or systems development is preferred.
- 5 years or more experience working professionally in a role related to application development, dev-ops, or some mix of the two (leadership experience is not required, but natural leadership skills are)
- Knowledge of microservices or microservice architecture is a must-have (candidates with only monolithic architecture experience will not be considered for the role)
- Some experience with GCP is preferred but not required (other cloud flavours will be considered)
- Experience/Knowledge of API development best-practices is preferred but not required
- Strong leadership skills are a must:
- Active listener / Excellent communication skills (all media / all audiences)
- Courage / Initiative / Action bias
- Creative problem solver / Data-based root cause solution bias
- Emotional intelligence / Self-aware / Open mind
- Cognitive Adaptability / Quick Learner / Systemic Thinker
You can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.