Contract Duration: 6 months (with a strong chance of extension)
We have partnered with a recognized brand in Canada to help in the search for a Project Manager for a 6-month contract in Toronto. The role will be focused on several projects that are in various phases, and will require a background in technical project management. The right person is looking for a meaty, high visibility role that will allow them to manage mission-critical application projects from end to end.
- Manages and executes project set-up activities (i.e. project budget, proposal preparation and project configuration in Changepoint system).
- Develops and coordinates project proposals (including the creation of MER and CR documents). Maintains records for project plans, document management (DMS), PPQA, change and problem tracking, and contract administration.
- Records control and tracking of project-related items, including issues, dependencies and finance. Maintains and reports project status of actions, issues, risks.
- Follows Resource Management processes to staff project roles as required. Project administration and reporting.
- Manages project time administration such as vendor PO setup, billing rates administration. Manages vendor time capture administration.
- Manages and executes purchase order administration*, (ex., goods receipts).
- Manages and executes purchase requisition process.
- Maintains consultant/contractor files and supports corporate function validation of invoices (i.e. actual vs. contracted). Maintains and tracks project expenses (I.e. travel, supplies, etc.).
- Performs project administration (Issues log, change requests, decision log etc.).
- Produces project communication (Steering Committee presentations etc.), including project status reporting (co-ordinate team status meetings, draft status reports etc.).
Conducts work authorization and delivery management (process Purchase Orders, Resourcing requests, etc.).
- Reconciles vendor invoice time entry for Changepoint or for spend map, if discrepancies exists. Tracks financial information for projects, including Statements of work, purchase order issuance, goods receipts, vendor payments, etc.
- Processes change requests and minor enhancement requests through Changepoint, working with finance to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Manages and coordinates project resource on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Leverages existing processes and standards in performing administrative duties (i.e. use of standard templates). Creates, formats and edits various documents, presentations, letters, proposals and manuals.
- Administers Changepoint: project set-up, billing rates, materials/products matching.
- Acts as the focal point for the project team for the coordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements.
How to apply?
- PMP and Scrum Certification or relevant experience with both methodologies is a must
- 5-10 yrs. application/software development or systems integration project management
- Proven experience successfully managing projects greater than $4M
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience working with senior or executive-level stakeholders, strong relational and communication skills
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies & Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- University degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field
- PM experience on Salesforce/EDI/Cloud technologies is an asset but not required
- Experience working with Portfolio Management Tools like ServiceNow is an asset
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Peter Mills at email@example.com, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.