Junior Project Manager
Contract Duration: 6 months (with strong chance of extension)
We have partnered with a recognized brand in Canada to help in the search for a Junior PM. The Project Manager plans, executes, and delivers projects on time within budget and scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the project manager oversees all aspects of projects (i.e. budget, schedule, scope, issues and risks), sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and prepares reports regarding status of project.
- Manage all aspects of project management from discovery through delivery implementation and stabilization:
- Create and manage project plans, charters, schedules, budgets, quality, communication, resource and risk management plans
Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitments
- Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project benefits, scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Prepare reports regarding the status of the project
- Ensure appropriate management of stakeholders throughout the project
- Collaborate with the IT PMO to ensure compliance with project standards, processes, tools and methodology
- Act as prime liaison between the client and Third-Party organizations on project-related issues or inquiries
- Oversee integration of the agile team’s deliverables with the project at large, as well as how deliverables may have touchpoints in related sub-domains
- Lead or play a key role in Scrum (or program) meetings to drive coordination
- Ensure global project reporting requirements are delivered to the Planning & Intake team in collaboration with the Project Control Officer (“PCO”) such as the reporting of project status of actions, issues, risks
- Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information
How to apply?
- 1 year + professional PM experienced in managing application development projects; comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling, ROI development etc.
- Knowledge of delivery methodology: knowledge and experience in agile / scrum / iterative Development
- PMP certification is an asset, will consider candidates whose PMP cert is in process, or intend to get in the future.
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.