Business Analyst (Contract 6-12 Months)
Location: West Toronto
We have partnered with our client in the search for a Business Analyst for a new contracting/consulting role in the GTA. The right person will perform business analysis to elicit, analyze, and define requirements into documentation and conceptual design using appropriate techniques and visual models from which solutions are developed. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels including senior level stakeholders. Works with the IT Partner, architects, analysts, business stakeholders, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies and applications.
- Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories
- Writing detailed functional specifications for system behaviour, system integrations such as creating source and target mapping of information across systems
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
- Assisting with development of test scenarios and test cases as appropriate
Nice to Haves:
- 5 years of experience in a business analyst role (Required) and 2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations, ETL components
- Agile/ Scrum experience
- MS Office, MS Visio proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman
- Knowledge and experience with t he principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories
- Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
- Valid Security Clearance (Reliability Status)
• Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (PMP), TOGAF certification (Asset)
How to Apply?
All interested and qualified applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.