QA Automation Tester
Our Ontario based client has been at the forefront of the insurance industry for the past 100 years, and is leading the way in digital innovation for the industry. This award-winning team strives to offer simple, fast and easy to use applications, both their end user clients, and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in
- You are a strong developer who loves to test! You have a keen interest in developing best in class automation infrastructures and actively seek ways to replace manual tests with test automation.
What you bring to the table
- Automation of tests for both Customer Portals and Web Services
- Consistently finding ways to enhance the automated testing and frameworks
- Establish full automation processes and continuously find ways to improve them
- Selecting quality assurance tools and techniques, managing own progress to work plans, and capturing and reporting changes correctly and consistently
- Using Identified quality control limits and specifications; provide input into the definition of prerequisites for measuring outcomes and designing appropriate test plans and cases to support the delivery of the business requirements and design specifications
- Assist in a gap and risk analysis, provide input into creation of a risk mitigation plan, and provide input into process improvement recommendations
- Perform problem identification and effectiveness including: failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction and recurrence control
- Validate assigned IT solution meets the business requirements and is thoroughly tested
- Provide input into end user documentation for new and changing functionality
- Execute assigned test plan and cases with appropriate cycles, provide input into system integration testing for modified and new systems; functionally test solutions to ensure individual requirements have been met including functional, performance, reliability, and interface testing
- 3 + years experience in quality assurance methodologies, validation and testing of applications, distributed systems, and desktop applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium and Cypress
- Experience designing, developing and implementing test automation frameworks for large development environments.
- Experience with testing mainframe systems or web-based applications and websites, back end database, functional and regression; creating test cases and test scenarios; performing SQL queries to develop test case data; test automation, requirements analysis, and User Acceptance Testing support.
- Experience with version control (Git).
- Experience with tools like Cucumber, Jenkins, Selenium and jMeter.
- Completion of a university degree or equivalent experience
- Completion of courses in quality assurance principles and methodologies
How to Apply
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Peter Mills by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.