Location: Ottawa or Toronto (Ontario wide)
We have partnered with a thriving security solutions company to search for a Senior Sales Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual contributor who can communicate the unique value proposition of their solutions to their customers and partners. This position will require some short-term travel to attend customer meetings and trade shows.
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- Responsible for providing presales technical/functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Develop and deliver high-quality presentations and demonstrations of products and solutions as needed
- Work closely with sales team to develop sales strategies, marketing plans, advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products as needed
- As a member of a small team, it will be expected that additional special projects and other duties may be assigned as required
- Requires a BS/MS degree in CompSci or Information Technology or similar
- 6 years + of experience as a Software Engineer/Developer, Sales Engineer, Implementation Consultant, or IT Support Engineer
- Knowledge of networking Linux user-space development (including, for example, system calls and library functions)
- Knowledge of Assembly language, chipset SDK’s, hardware interfaces, scripting languages
- Knowledge of or drive to learn L2 to L4 of TCP/IP networking
- Some familiarity with best practices for IT security including risk management, operational security and secure software design
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as needed. Expected travel is less than 25%
The ‘Nice to Haves’:
- Embedded Software Design and Development Experience in C/C++/Python is an asset
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux and Windows) and networking protocols such as HTTP, SSH, SMTP, XMPP is considered an asset
- Knowledge of key security technologies such as cryptographic methods, access control tools and security protocols is an asset
How to apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to our Lead Recruiter Sarah Doughty at email@example.com or apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com.