Embedded Software Developer - DSP Algorithms
Our semiconductor client is a multinational leader specializing in data conversion and digital signal processing technologies.
Their Ottawa- based, award winning software team is one of the fastest growing business units within their group, delivering 80% revenue growth last year and continuing that trajectory moving through 2019. We're looking for senior embedded software engineers with significant experience in the Digital Signal Processing space as they continue to drive innovation in 5G communications technologies.
As an Embedded Software Developer you will participate and add value in all phases of product development, actively participate in feasibility, requirements, architectures, designs, implementations, integrations, and verification. In this role, you will be positioned within a multi-site development team and will work closely with system, analog, digital, verification, and customer applications teams to deliver embedded software as part of our clients RFIC transceiver products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and development of algorithms in the area of digital signal processing (DSP)
- Specification, design, implementation and validation
- Data analysis for improving and tuning algorithms and system performance
- Customer support for algorithmic and system performance related questions
- Close cooperation with system engineering for the definition of system performance requirements and system modelling
- Close cooperation with software engineering for the development of algorithm libraries for real time embedded systems
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Communication Theory and/or Digital Signal Processing
- 10+ years of experience developing algorithms in embedded multi-threaded environments including:
- Strong track record of digital signal processing and algorithm development experience (Digital Filters, Digital Mixers, Frequency/Waveform Synthesis, and Adaptive Signal Processing)
- Strong coding and programming skills (C/C++, MatLab/Simulink, or similar preferred)
- Communications system experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with embedded platforms & embedded software development paradigms
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems
- Ability to work in distributed development environment
- Experience with SCM tools (SVN, GIT, Clearcase, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira, Trac, etc.)
- Customer-facing experience is also desired, as this position may be dealing directly with customers and/or partners
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Qualifications: (Includes Minimum)
- Demonstrated knowledge of a software development process (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3GPP standard
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Warren Robinson by sending an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.