Senior Back-End Web Engineer
We've partnered with an Ottawa based team of innovators and disruptors who are changing the face of the insurance industry to meet the demands of on-demand world.
Their Software Development Team is focused on building modern, high-performance, scalable and fault-tolerant solutions. Working with modern technologies enabling delivery of a groundbreaking platform that will provide new insurance solutions directly to the end customer.
The Back-End Development team is essential to building the core platform components required to support on demand insurance based on data signals. We build highly available systems that support massive scalability leveraging the latest cloud computing platforms.
YOU are passionate about software and have a can-do attitude. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Java and the Java ecosystem and popular frameworks including : Spring Framework, Spring configuration, Spring Boot, Liquibase
- Demonstrated ability to ensure server-side code is secure and free of vulnerabilities
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party Integrations (Stripe, Braintree, Oauth, SAML, GoogleAPIs)
- Knowledge of RESTful design concepts and considerations
- Sound domain modelling practices
- Knowledge of several of the key tools and technologies that are currently in play (AMQP queues, Kafka, JWT, GIT, Jira, AWS, Graylog, JSON)
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions
- A sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility
- Familiarity with several database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL type databases
- Strong communication skills enabling you to collaborate with business stakeholders to understand needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technical skills
- Experience in leading small teams to deliver on projects/initiatives
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and clients to build, test and deploy new features and products
***Interested applicants should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org