Our client is the world's leading developer of next-generation of always connected Edge-AI processing technology and is committed to building a world-class organization that will lead the industry. The ASIC Edge AI Systems Architect is responsible for system architecture definition activities supporting a sophisticated multimedia Low Power Audio/Edge AI subsystem across a broad range of mobile, XR, compute, and automotive products.
- Owning end to end system architecture
- Capturing detailed technology requirements working closely with product, hardware and software engineering teams
- Developing detailed ASIC system architectures to support requirements and authoring subsystem hardware specifications
- Defining architecture validation plans and reviewing development results
- Optimization and debug via modelling, system simulation and testing across key criteria including power and performance.
- Collaborating, reviewing and enabling design and system teams to execute on dependent specifications
- Post-silicon commercialization support and customer engineering documentation
- Defining and patenting novel architectures that drive industry leadership.
- Oversees hardware architecture for ASIC systems development for a variety of products.
- Determines architecture design, and validation via system simulation.
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation.
- Evaluates all aspects of the HW architecture flow from high-level development to validation and review.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results.
- Uses System tools, such as, MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes.
- Uses language such as HDL, C/C++, System C, Perl, Python.
- Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverages experience in DSP, machine learning algorithms, SoC hardware and computer architecture concepts to develop proposals to address system audio and edge-AI requirements using processor, memory, bus and low-power design techniques.
- Uses expertise in low-power design methodology, optimization and validation using various CAD tools and design techniques to optimize system power.
- Leverages experience in digital system performance analysis and systems modelling to ensure performance goals met.
- Leverages Verilog/VHDL and digital hardware design tools such as Synopsys/Cadence/Mentor ASIC design and simulation tool sets, power analysis and simulation, scripting languages (Python, Perl, TCL, C, etc.) to optimize system.
- Effectively utilizes advanced problem solving and ASIC engineering practices to resolve complex architecture, design, or verification problems.
- Writes technical documentation and provides technical expertise for design or project reviews and project meetings.
- Acts as a tech lead on small to large projects and owns team deliverables of the project.
- Bachelor's/Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Min 2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
- Min 2+ years experience with computer architecture and design tools.
- Experience with bus design and/or cache, memory controllers, low power design
- Min 2+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages.
- Min 2+ years experience with design verification methods.
How to Apply?
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to Aaron.email@example.com. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.