Senior Front-End Software Engineer
We have partnered with one of the world's largest rideshare companies that have recently launched a new division in Montreal. They are currently in the process of building a one-stop multimodal transportation app that will allow customers to request a shared car, find a scooter or bike, as well as see nearby public transit options. They are in the process of hiring an experienced Front-End Developer to help lead their Stations Software Platform team. You'll be contributing to the latest generation platform evolution enabling feature development that can be brought to multiple different markets and business models.
- You're an enthusiastic and experienced developer looking to take your skills to the next level in collaboration with a tight-knit team of product managers, designers, data scientists, and back-end engineers.
- You’re able to prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent initiatives.
- The app is used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
- Brief daily meetings to sync with a small cross-functional team (scrum)
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Write comprehensive tests of functionality, and ensure that they pass
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Continuous integration and deployment
How to apply?
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Proficiency with browser developer tools
- Proficiency with the Unix command-line interface
- Solid understanding of web performance
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks
- Proficiency with TypeScript, Python, Go, and/or Bash
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience with modern frontend testing tools, such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized computing
You can apply directly to email@example.com
or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. We want to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those in consideration will be contacted.