Location: Fully Remote
We are working with an exciting Fintech client that has been a leader in their industry for the past 100 years. They are leading the way in digital innovation for the industry and it’s an exciting time to join! We have partnered with them on a search for a System Administrator who will be responsible for the alignment of IT resources with business requirements and supports a service oriented approach to the needs of internal business teams. You will plan and design systems to approved security standards and ensure a safe computing environment
What you will do:
Define and ensure maintenance of operational standards; oversee and support the installation of servers and configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage both on premise and in the cloud
What you bring:
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Research, validate and implement updates to firmware, operating systems and applications
- Define and maintain system standards; ensure system standards are implemented enterprise wide
- Collaborate with internal IT stakeholders and Vendors in support change management tasks
- Provide expert technical guidance for the resolution of issues and strategic design
- Collaborate with development teams within a DevSecOps approach, applying relevant tooling
- Monitor to ensure all systems are operating as expected; define operational strategies, procedures and security policies for preventative actions; take preventative action according to defined operational strategies, procedures and security policies
Education/ Professional Courses
- 2+ years of work experience in an enterprise systems environment
- In depth knowledge of Linux-based Operating Systems; Application middleware; Internet and networking protocols, Storage Systems
- Experience with server virtualization, container based technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure and services (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools
- Ability to pivot and adjust work items to match shifting business priorities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and techniques
How to Apply?
- Completion of a College or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational experience
- Certifications with MS Azure, AWS, GCP or others is an asset.
All interested and qualified applicants should apply directly to our lead Recruiter Josh Morantz at email@example.com, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all interested applicants, only those in consideration will be contacted.