We've partnered with an award-winning world-leader in the Building Automations Space to assist in finding an expert in Firmware Development to join their team in a permanent role at their Toronto HQ. The Firmware Engineer is responsible for design and development of embedded systems development towards IoT devices.
- Developing product requirements into detailed engineering requirements, including user interface requirements, developing test cases and procedures, producing the code with the assistance of junior embedded engineers.
- Supervising the testing and verification, producing all engineering documentation, supporting launch documentation production, and supporting the integration into main development stream.
- Develop the embedded features assigned to satisfy the product specification provided
- Design test cases for the embedded software developed
- Support functional and regression testing of software and hardware
- Develop internal and external documentation for the features assigned
- Follow the company development standards and procedures, including those for documentation
- 8+ years of experience in writing codes from scratch and working experience with engineering, manufacturing and distribution operations in an industrial environment
- Strong code writing skills in C or C++ and developing code for IoT devices
- Knowledge and prior exposure to RTOS, SSL, public/private keys, OAuth a plus
- Communication and networking protocols i.e. I2C, SPI, RS-485, Ethernet, CAN Bus
- Knowledge of software testing techniques, ARM architecture-based processors and development tools
- Experience in developing embedded software, debugging, troubleshooting, and testing
- Experience in creating software, tools, and robots on your own
- Experience with drivers and middleware, integrating open source software and embedded hardware design, a plus
- Micro-actuators, DC motors and Sensors knowledge
How to Apply?
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or electronics
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to email@example.com
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.