We have partnered with one of the fastest growing Semiconductor start ups. Our client is a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems. Currently they are seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer in Toronto, Canada with experience implementing firmware for hardware-software interfaces on Systems on a Chip (SoCs) and microcontroller subsystems.
The scope of this role is focused on architecting and developing firmware and microcontroller subsystems for out clients SoC and systems products.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At a minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE or Computer Science is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Experience developing firmware to execute in on-chip microcontrollers as well as C-language software development kits (SDKs) to execute on system management controllers (e.g. BMC).
- Experience working with logic designers to architect and verify HW-SW interfaces on complex SoCs
- High level of proficiency in C (preferred) or C++, including development of C-based SDKs
- High level of proficiency in Python for automating pre-processors/post-processors and FW QC
- Working knowledge of software/firmware build environments, gcc/Make, Doxygen, and GitHub.
- Hands-on experience with Server, Storage, and/or Networking equipment (e.g. Network Switches).
- Familiarity with SoC interfaces to common IP blocks such as PCIe Controllers, DDR Controllers, NVME Controllers, AMBA/AHB interfaces, on-chip memory interfaces, and other similar interfaces
- Direct experience working on products with high-speed interfaces common in Data Center equipment: PCI- Express (Gen-3 and above), 100/400G Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Experience developing firmware to execute in on-chip microcontrollers as well as C-language SDKs to execute on system management controllers (e.g. BMC)
- Experience developing embedded firmware for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products
- Experience with industry forums and collaboration workgroups such as OCP and OpenBMC
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Aaron Ravensbergen by sending an email with attached resume to email@example.com
. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.