Application Support Analyst - Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
Location: Ottawa/Toronto - Remote
We have partnered with a recognized brand in Canada to help in the search for a Programmer Analyst/ Application Support Analyst for a 6-month remote contract based either in Toronto or Ottawa.
The Application Support Analyst provides day to day application support to business teams and supports a wide variety of application related services such as application lifecycle management including Software as a service (SaaS) applications. This role will assist with the day-to-day service requests from users and support other Information System operational areas in managing and resolving incidents.
Must have the ability to adapt and support changing application landscape with a focus to provide high level customer service. With a heightened focus on developing and implementing standard support models and processes using industry best practices, this role is responsible for production support, troubleshooting incident and problem management, service transition and release management. Brings broad service and applications knowledge, significant support experience, process analysis, understanding of business and technical requirements, some training experience and the ability to work closely with technical and business users.
• Provide application support and maintenance including daily checks, minor fixes or changes and minor application upgrades /patches (as well as documentation management) for Commercial-off-the-shelf and custom applications
• Provide technical and functional guidance
• Resolve moderate to complex problems
• Support testing
• As part of systems testing and implementation, support service readiness and acceptance efforts
• Support the Service / Help Desk in day-to-day end-user assistance and event management, including incident troubleshooting and resolution
• Monitor performance of assigned applications, identifying bottlenecks, and working to remove them
• Develop documents and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards, including working on development projects;
• SME support on project
• Provide on-call support as required
• Identify and improve continuous process improvements
Must have skills
- Typically has 3-5 years of experience in Information systems
- Knowledge of computer software, including applications and programming including in Structured Query Language (SQL) and Java
- Knowledge of the practical application of computer programming
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services (customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction)
- Excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills are a must
- Service Excellence focused and always incorporates the view of the end user in technical solutions.
Nice to have skills:
- Working as a highly reliable, quality oriented, customer focused, high performing team member.
- Able to Create and follow documented procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Independent, self-starting attitude
Education and certification
• Academic : Undergraduate degree or College degree in computer science, Engineering, or Technology or equivalent in education and experience
• Certifications : ITIL foundations (Asset)
How to apply?
All interested and qualified applicants can apply directly to the lead Recruiter, Gord Marriage at email@example.com
, or on our website at www.talentlab.com
. Although we sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, due to volume, only those in consideration will be contacted.